Từ điển Oxford Learners Wordfinder Dictionary|
the place that sth is in PLACE
- the things that are happening in a particular place or at a particular time: situation, state of affairs
the current situation ◎ a changing situation ◎ a worrying/difficult state of affairs
- the facts and events that affect what happens in a particular situation: circumstances (noun plural)
the circumstances of sb's death ◎ In normal circumstances you would not be allowed in, but we'll make an exception in this case.
- as a result of a particular situation: in/under the circumstances
Under the circumstances, I think it would be better if you left.
- facts and events that affect the way that people live, etc: conditions (noun plural)
Road conditions were very bad. ◎ excellent working conditions
- the conditions in which you live, work, etc: environment
a pleasant environment in which to work
- a particular state or situation: position
What would you do in my position? ◎ He's put me in a very difficult position. ◎ I'm sorry, I'm not in a position to give you that information.
- a particular situation or a situation of a particular type: case
In some cases, it is possible to get a definite answer immediately. ◎ In my case, things were a bit different.
- the events or place around or within which sth occurs: background
It is against this background that the events of 1968 took place. ◎ the cultural/social background to an event
- the situation in which sth happens and which helps us to understand it: context
the political context of an election ◎ in the context of recent social developments
- the present situation in a particular area of activity: scene
After his injury, he was happy to get back to the football scene again. ◎ the fashion scene
- to emphasize that a particular situation exists, you can say the fact (of the matter) is
The fact is that the population is getting older.
▼ Từ liên quan / Related words
Related search result for "situation"